IAP review pending

This forum is designed to discuss financial aid processes at Ivy Tech Community College.
Links:Financial Aid FAQ | FAFSA Application | Ivy Tech Debit Card | Direct Lending Info

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

IAP review pending

Postby dblack19 » August 5th, 2012, 2:22 am

I was granted my appeal for summer 12 I pass my two classes with a B and C. I was going for nursing but my advisor said I need to do My IAP for healthcare support since I wasn't in nursing classes yet; and my IAP would change anyway when I was enrolled in nursing classes. Well I changed my major to human services and in my campus connect it say IAP review pending and I don't have any aid posted in my account yet. I'm lost :shock:
dblack19
Private

Region: lake

Re: IAP review pending

Postby harrison » August 5th, 2012, 7:18 am

They will review it and it may take a while. They will review it every semester to make sure you are enrolled in the classes that you originally did the appeal for and the degree/certificate you were seeking. You may want to call them since you changed your major, I do not think they let you change when you are on IAP review.
harrison
Colonel

Region: indiana

Postby whatalife » August 5th, 2012, 8:38 am

dblack19 wrote:I was granted my appeal for summer 12 I pass my two classes with a B and C. I was going for nursing but my advisor said I need to do My IAP for healthcare support since I wasn't in nursing classes yet; and my IAP would change anyway when I was enrolled in nursing classes. Well I changed my major to human services and in my campus connect it say IAP review pending and I don't have any aid posted in my account yet. I'm lost :shock:

You do the IAP for the degree you are seeking. My cousin has/is going through this. She registered for a class that was not on the IAP and they did not post her financial aid. She called them, and she had to drop the class so she could get her aid. Her IAP was for a certificate and wanted to change it to degree seeking (AS) and they told her no, (even though it was for the same field) they told her that she had to finish the certificate first since her appeal/IAP was for that. You will want to call the registrars office ASAP and change it back to healthcare support since they may not let you change once the semester starts.
whatalife
General

Region: indy

Postby dblack19 » August 5th, 2012, 10:01 am

Ok that's what I will do tomorrow then I hope I they won't terminate my aid because this summer I took a class that was not on my IAP sheet. My healthcare support advisor never told me I couldn't change my classes or major. (That's what confused me) She said she don't know what they had me to fill one out since it was going to change once I started my nursing classes. So that's what made me think I could change majors.
dblack19
Private

Region: lake

Postby whatalife » August 5th, 2012, 10:29 am

dblack19 wrote:Ok that's what I will do tomorrow then I hope I they won't terminate my aid because this summer I took a class that was not on my IAP sheet. My healthcare support advisor never told me I couldn't change my classes or major. (That's what confused me) She said she don't know what they had me to fill one out since it was going to change once I started my nursing classes. So that's what made me think I could change majors.

If you took a class that was not on your IAP sheet after they posted your financial aid on your student account, then you may have problems. They do not allow program changes once you are on appeal and IAP, so getting aid for Nursing could be a problem also. Ask them about that too when you see financial aid .
whatalife
General

Region: indy

Postby Jade652 » August 6th, 2012, 11:10 am

If you change your majors then you have to file yet another appeal even if you were granted the other. As far as you taking a class that was not on the plan made out by your advisor during the appeal then you will MOST likely have to pay that money back.
Jade652
Captain

Region: Northwest

Return to Financial Aid