PIN code

This forum is for discussion related to the Nursing Programs at Ivy Tech
Links:Nursing Info by Campus | General Nursing Info

Moderator: mhygema

PIN code

Postby atribby » March 13th, 2013, 5:03 pm

I received the following email

"You are enrolled in a health sciences program that requires a PIN prior to registration. Please contact your advisor to obtain your PIN when you are ready to register for your classes. As long as you are enrolled in a health sciences program you will need to obtain a PIN from your advisor each term before you will be able to register for classes.You can find your Primary Advisor's Name on the Student Information link in Campus Connect. To locate your Advisor's contact information, simply go to "Ivy Tech White Pages" located in the Quick Links column of Campus Connect."

So I contacted my advisor and received my PIN to register for fall semester on March 15th. My question is where do I input this PIN number prior to registering?
atribby
Private

Region: Indiana

Re: PIN code

Postby mommax3 » March 13th, 2013, 5:20 pm

From how my advisor explained it, just register for your class and you will get to a certian point where it will ask for it.
mommax3
Corporal

Region: indiana

Postby atribby » March 13th, 2013, 5:34 pm

I had the same issue when I registered for the spring semester. I drove all the way to the campus, waited to see an advisor and no more then sat down and they were like okay you can register now. Tried to register for summer classes, same issue. This time I called instead of driving, but it took 3 phone calls in order to get it straightened out. So this time I started early and have my PIN but I don't know where to input it. When I've tried to register in the past it did not even give the option to allow me to start the registration process. I guess I don't understand the PIN issue to begin with. I am in good standing, no holds, attend class, have a 3.6 GPA and owe nothing. I am going off the schedule that my advisor made up for me when I started the process, I don't undestand why the added frustration just to register for classes
atribby
Private

Region: Indiana

Postby ivytechstudent » March 13th, 2013, 7:51 pm

It does seem a little annoying having to do this every semester. I would call the registrars and have them explain this to you.
ivytechstudent
Major

Region: gary

Postby skoszyk1 » March 16th, 2013, 3:55 am

I rec'd this email also, I had just changed my major. I was at the advisors office just a couple weeks prior so I emailed him and he emailed me back with my pin number. Maybe if you just make contact with your advisor (via email) and tell him what classes you intend to take and then ask if he can email you your pin number so you can register as soon as possible. They said with that they want you checking in with your advisor regularly. When you go to schedule classes online it will prompt a pin code if one is needed. Its not going to be confusing.. it flat out asks you for your PIN #. Just type it in and then you can actually register. I didn't have any problems
skoszyk1
Corporal

Region: North Central

Return to Nursing Programs