Fall 2013 ASN acceptance scores??

This forum is for discussion related to the Nursing Programs at Ivy Tech
Links:Nursing Info by Campus | General Nursing Info

Moderator: mhygema

Fall 2013 ASN acceptance scores??

Postby wilson » July 31st, 2013, 1:46 am

If anyone would be generous enough to share their acceptance scores for getting in the fall 2013 ASN or PN program I would be grateful to see what the pool was like. I'm applying to spring in a few weeks after this anatomy 2 class. Thank you!! Include location also please. I'm applying to Bloomington and Terre haute .
wilson
Lieutenant

Region: central

Re: Fall 2013 ASN acceptance scores??

Postby jkuenning » July 31st, 2013, 6:36 am

I got accepted to Greencastle and Terre Haute PN program and Terre Haute ASN with a 150-151! I'm pretty sure people got in with lower scores than that too. I know there were high 140's accepted to the PN programs.
jkuenning
Corporal

Region: Wabach

Postby jbragg16 » July 31st, 2013, 6:53 am

I had the same score as jkuenning. It was a 150.1 or 150.3. I was accepted into the LPN programs at: Terre Haute, Greencastle, Anderson, Lawrence(Indpls), and Bloomington as an alternate. I was accepted into the ASN for Anderson after people declined their spots. Do not EVER lose hope. I applied thinking I was for sure NOT going to get in after reading all of the forums from previous years scores. I think people this year have been a lot more open with their lower scores and giving others hope that you don't have to have all four A's and a super high TEAS score.
jbragg16
Corporal

Region: Central Indiana

Postby TraciB » July 31st, 2013, 2:11 pm

I had a 176 and I was accepted into RN at Lawrence, Kokomo and Anderson. Apply no matter what. People apply at many locations and that can open up a lot of alternate spots. The scores can really vary.
TraciB
Corporal

Region: 5

Postby wilson » July 31st, 2013, 10:36 pm

Thank you for replying!! If I got an A in this anatomy class I could apply with 164, but I will most likely have.a B making me have 3 As, 1 B and a 75.3% teas score. I was pround I got a 75% on the science portion ranking me 91st percentile for the program, I'm hoping that with a 154 I can get in ASN but will proudly accept anything. Why is your score so hush hush anyway?
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby lori_e » August 1st, 2013, 8:47 am

I applied only at the East Central campus which covers 3 different areas. I had 4 A's and an 84 on my TEAS. I was pretty sure I would be accepted to the RN program but applied for both anyways and was accepted to Muncie, although I would have been just as tickled to get into the New Castle campus because it is just as close to me. I never understood all the hush hush about scores either. I do not remember any other peoples scores but do know that others can and do get into the RN program with scattered B's and low 70's on the TEAS. Apply for any campus that is within reasonable driving distance and for both PN and RN. Since so many others do this, and then are able to get into the campus that they really wanted, it moves the alternates up. Just from reading on here as the acceptance letters came in, the declined spots just for this region numbered 14 or 15. It is different every term but keep at it. With all the talk about getting into the program it had me worried and stressed almost to sickness.

Are you certain that you figured your 154 correctly? Your teas score is good and I think fairly the norm in what others that I know made it to the RN program here. My advise: Don't sweat it. Your grades and scores are good. Plus since you have time: a good step is a 2nd try on the Teas if you haven't already taken it the 2nd time.
lori_e
Private

Region: East Central

Postby wilson » August 1st, 2013, 11:54 am

I'm fairly positive that would be my score with adjusted teas and if I get a B, I'm trying so hard to get an A on the final and would get an A in the class, pushing me to 164, I met with the dean of nursing at my info session and was told not to retake my test, I did so well on the math and science but not so well on grammer, I even got .100% for scientific reasoning which was 8 questions, I don't think I could do that again lol. My husband thinks I should also apply to green castle, how do you apply to different campuses though?
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby jbragg16 » August 1st, 2013, 12:36 pm

You have to go to each campus that you want to apply to and pick up the application from there, fill them out, and turn them back in. I spent two days doing this. I made sure I brought all the information with me that I needed such as transcripts for Ivy Tech and my high school, teas score, and whatever else is needed. Then, I filled out the apps while I was at the campuses to save lots of gas and time. Good luck!
jbragg16
Corporal

Postby wilson » August 2nd, 2013, 5:21 pm

I emailed the program chair of green castle and Terre haute and will be meeting her after the 12th to apply. Took my anatomy 102 final today, I will be applying with 3 As and a B in 102. With a 75.3% teas test. I hope someone let's me in something, I'm applying to green castle, Terre haute, and Bloomington.
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby Mkempf » August 2nd, 2013, 8:15 pm

i bet you get into all of those. atleast in the lpn.
Mkempf
Sergeant

Region: Indiana

Postby wilson » August 2nd, 2013, 11:25 pm

thank you, I will accept anything, if I don't get rn in Bloomington my second ideal would be terre haute, my husband works up there.
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby lmiller157 » August 3rd, 2013, 10:11 pm

Good luck to you! I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time on these boards just scouring for acceptance scores before I submitted my applications - and after! I really obsessed over it. I understand how crazy it is, but you will get in somewhere - I'm just sure of it!

I was accepted at Lawrence and Anderson (the only two campuses I applied to) with a total score of 171.3, and I start the ASN program in 16 days!
lmiller157
Sergeant

Postby wilson » August 5th, 2013, 2:01 am

I am going to Bloomington campus tomorrow to apply, I am so excited!!! I'm just not letting it stress me out, I will be a nurse one day. I can't wait to meet with the program chair of Terre haute and green castle to apply too. I looked back at Terre haute acceptance scores for some and saw some get in with 150's I have 80 poi.ts for grades and A 75.3% in teas not adjusted. Can't wait to see if I get in, until then I'm doing ny last two prereqs this fall, micro and my second psychology course. I won't have anything but nursing classes once in a program. Yay me. Congrats to those that have gotten in, it really is a wonderful accomplishment
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby wilson » August 6th, 2013, 12:23 am

So if anyone is still reading this lol I applied to Bloomington campus today and met with Pam again, the dean. I was the first one to apply!!! .So hopefully she has time to really look over my scores. It was so exciting and I feel so relieved. Can't wait to apply to the other two as well, what a relief. I just feel really good about myself, I told everyone and their brother today, "I applied to the nursing program!"
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby Dglascock1 » August 6th, 2013, 10:02 am

What campuses are accepting apps for LPN/ASN this fall? I have been told only a select few will be offering the programs. Any info is greatly appreciated!
Dglascock1
Private

Region: Central

Postby kgaerte » August 7th, 2013, 8:30 am

I know Fort Wayne Campus is accepting LPN and RN this fall to start in the spring.
kgaerte
Sergeant

Region: fort wayne

Postby Nwilkie » August 7th, 2013, 10:50 am

South Bend campus will take applications for the LPN program in Spring.
Nwilkie
Corporal

Region: north

Postby wilson » August 9th, 2013, 12:30 am

Green castle is not accepting spring applications
wilson
Lieutenant

Postby ready4clinicals » August 22nd, 2013, 9:56 am

I applied this spring for fall with all A's and a 76.7 teas and got into ASN Lawrence (Indy). At first I applied for both ASN and LPN and only received a letter of acceptance for LPN> But then around the end of June after I accepted the LPN position, I received a phone call stating that a spot opened up for ASN-Lawrence, which I accepted.
ready4clinicals
Private

Region: indy

Postby Jmehoop » August 23rd, 2013, 6:02 pm

I got into Terre Haute this fall with 4 A's and a 72 on teas for ASN
Jmehoop
Private

Region: Us

Next

Return to Nursing Programs