Higher One backed up!

This forum is for information and questions about the Ivy Tech Debit Card.
Links:About the Ivy Tech Debit Card |Frequently Asked Questions | Fees | ATM Locations | Replacement Cards | Who to Contact

Moderator: mhygema

Higher One backed up!

Postby jhensley4 » February 10th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Made a call to Higher One after calling the school to check if there were any issues with my account. The school said refund means they sent it to Higher One. Which is halfway true. Apparently; I zeroed the 8th, and even though I did, Higher One said that they just today received the funds/wire. The school send 2 things, a wire notifying the individual who is getting the refund and how much whomever is getting, then the second is the actually funds. She said that the school had sent both pieces, the wire and the funds , it's just a matter of time until it is processed by someone. They are "overwhelmed" with refunds and that is what the delay is. They DO NOT process funds on the weekend, so if it isn't received by today or tomorrow, then it will not be on there until Monday. So I should process quickly, and get it either today or tomorrow. I posted to give everyone the process of how it works, and to shed light on why some are taking so long to get their funds. I haven't saw a thread like this so please don't lock. And I posted the others because everyone quit using them and wanted current info.
jhensley4
Colonel

Postby jhensley4 » February 10th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Good luck everyone!!
jhensley4
Colonel

hi

Postby kkronik » February 10th, 2011, 8:15 pm

what if it says refund and the amount is no longer negative when it is listed on your student account, does that mean you still get it, or did they send it back to the dept of education. This is my first time so I am new to this. Thank You.
kkronik
Private

Postby meslinger2 » February 10th, 2011, 9:10 pm

If your account says $0.00 then look under recent activity and you will see the word "refund". Then you will receive a refund. You have to choose how you get your refund at ivytechdebitcard.com. You should have received a debit card if you are a student. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
meslinger2
Corporal

refund...

Postby award8 » February 10th, 2011, 9:11 pm

when it shows refund with a positive amount on your current activity page, that is the amount you will be receiving. hope that helps...
award8
Corporal

Postby jhensley4 » February 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm

It should look like this on your recent account activity:
Current Activity

Description Code Date Amount ($)
Refund ZRFD 08-FEB-2011 XXXX.69
Federal Pell ZLFP 31-JAN-2011 -XXXX.00
Direct Fed Unsubsidized Loan ZLLB 31-JAN-2011 -XXXX.00
Direct Fed. Subsidized Loan ZLLA 31-JAN-2011 -XXXX.00
D1-Book/Supply Chgs Tax DKTX 25-JAN-2011 XXX.27
D1-Supplies Charges DKSB 25-JAN-2011 XXX.98
D1-Other Bkstr Chgs Tax DKOT 25-JAN-2011 0.42
D1-Other Bookstore Charge DKBO 25-JAN-2011 5.98
The top is your refund!
jhensley4
Colonel

Postby jhensley4 » February 11th, 2011, 7:32 am

Refunds Processing, and the same day I get my tax check. Wow, thank you Lord! New car (new to us, obviously can't buy a new new one) with heat and a transmission. My Diabetic meds, groceries, rent, doctor bills, insurance,etc. It's such a load off my shoulders I could cry like a babe, lol! I hope and pray everyone else get's there's soon. The way the thread posts are dwindling I'd say a lot of people are. Those who don't have their funds, or aren't processing, or still haven't zeroed best of luck! I will pray you guys do. And I DO NOT want this to add insult to injury, but I needed this in the worst way. Even though I work, it's part time, and that money pays for my sitter, and gas money to get to work and school. Good luck again!
jhensley4
Colonel

zero'd out...

Postby award8 » February 11th, 2011, 8:33 am

I just zero'd out within the past two hours...ill update when it starts transferring or is in process.
@jhensley: hope all gets better...and don't be sorry because you do need it. Anybody who thinks its wrong to want to have your money for what you have stated, obviously doesn't know what it's like to worry about when the next time you can take your med...I understand. I'm pre diabetic and have tons of other medical issues and my insurance was cut off 1/27 and i've not been able to get any of my prescriptions since and i have eleven that i need to get...best of luck to you and your family
award8
Corporal

Postby micki » February 11th, 2011, 8:37 am

jhensley4 wrote:Refunds Processing, and the same day I get my tax check. Wow, thank you Lord! New car (new to us, obviously can't buy a new new one) with heat and a transmission. My Diabetic meds, groceries, rent, doctor bills, insurance,etc. It's such a load off my shoulders I could cry like a babe, lol! I hope and pray everyone else get's there's soon. The way the thread posts are dwindling I'd say a lot of people are. Those who don't have their funds, or aren't processing, or still haven't zeroed best of luck! I will pray you guys do. And I DO NOT want this to add insult to injury, but I needed this in the worst way. Even though I work, it's part time, and that money pays for my sitter, and gas money to get to work and school. Good luck again!

I am so happy to hear this. :D
micki
General

Region: Indiana

Postby jhensley4 » February 11th, 2011, 8:46 am

Thank you so much guys! award8 I'm sorry to hear about your situation and will pray you get things quickly fixed. I feel you on the insurance, got doctor bills, my shot is ridiculously expensive, I have acid reflex/ulcer and that med is like $179 a month, along with others, it's insane. And with this I can pay my HIP bill so that insurance will kick in, and that will help cut down the cost. I don't know your situation, but HIP goes by your income, and is really cheap and great coverage. It helps when you can't afford insurance. My wife was going to add me to hers and it would have been over $200 every 2 weeks. No way could we afford that. Best of luck to you and your family. You too micki, good luck and thanks again for the support!
jhensley4
Colonel

Postby award8 » February 11th, 2011, 9:02 am

@jhensley: my acid reflux med is also 179...i take prilosec and it used to be 3 dollars a month for me until my insurance was cut off...its hard
award8
Corporal

Postby jhensley4 » February 11th, 2011, 9:16 am

Mine is Protonix. What they was giving me wasn't working so they doubled the dose, and it raised the price of course! Sad!
jhensley4
Colonel

Hey jhensley4

Postby jswank2 » February 11th, 2011, 9:36 am

jhensley4, just wanted to let you and anyone else know that as of 8:30am my HO account shows I am being processed. Is yours yet? I hope we get cash in our hands by the end of the day, so we don't have to wait the LONG weekend. Keep me updated! Thanks for everything!
jswank2
Private

Postby jhensley4 » February 11th, 2011, 9:47 am

I sent you an e-mail this morning letting you know. Check your Ivy Tech e-mail. That's why I forward my Ivy Tech e-mail to my personal one because I hate having to log in to a bunch of different places to check my e-mail.
jhensley4
Colonel

Return to Debit Card