Where are my COMPASS Scores?

This forum is designed to discuss Admissions/Transfer processes at Ivy Tech Community College.
Links:Online Admissions Application

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

Where are my COMPASS Scores?

Postby gnixon1 » February 24th, 2011, 10:23 pm

I am registering for summer classes. I do not have any paperwork that says my COMPASS scores, I need to know which classes I have to take to meet the requirements. Is there anywhere online I can find my test results (as to which classes I need) or is this something I have to find out in person? If so, where? I attend South Bend campus.
gnixon1
Private

Postby 82fb » February 24th, 2011, 10:39 pm

it could work differently in South Bend but if it's the same as Fort Wayne then you should have gotten a print out of your scores right after taking the test and then you take the print out straight to an advisor so they can register you. You can't register yourself for your first semester. You also have to have the orientation completed before seeing the advisor because the advisors are the only ones that will take the hold off your account for the orientation. If you didn't get a print out of your scores for some reason then maybe South Bend does it differently or if you got a print out but lost it then you'll have to go ask for another one.
82fb
Major

Postby gnixon1 » February 24th, 2011, 10:44 pm

I am in my first semester. My advisor did sign me up for 1 of my classes but I am only a part time student and I know I need to take more. I have looked through everything and cannot find my scores :(

I dont know which office at school I need to talk to, I hate having the run around.
gnixon1
Private

Postby ivyalum » February 25th, 2011, 12:39 am

Maybe you could go to the assessment center where you took your Compass test and tell them you lost your printout. I would think they should be able to print you out another one as long as you have your student ID. But if they can't print another one for you, they should be able to tell you how to get one.

(In situations like this, I myself have found that going to the school in person and directly asking someone to help you is much more effective than emailing or sending a message. It's much harder to ignore a student standing in front of you face to face than it is to ignore an email.)
ivyalum
Captain

scores

Postby mpickett3 » February 25th, 2011, 7:00 am

My son lost his scores. He just went to student affairs and they looked him up and printed them out for him. Actually, they reprinted his whole student plan which had the scores at the top. He looked in CC before and could not find them.
And yes, as a returning student I have learned that you get answers much faster in person.
mpickett3
Private

Postby micki » February 25th, 2011, 7:46 am

gnixon1 wrote:I am in my first semester. My advisor did sign me up for 1 of my classes but I am only a part time student and I know I need to take more. I have looked through everything and cannot find my scores :(

I dont know which office at school I need to talk to, I hate having the run around.

The scores are not on Campus Connect anywhere. Your advisor is the best one to talk to, they will let you know which classes you tested into, or if you have to take the classes that begin with 0 before getting into a college level class.
micki
General

Region: Indiana

Postby mknepper7 » March 1st, 2011, 3:05 pm

I had to also find my scores and had no papers with them, I e-mailed my advisor and they got them for me somehow.
mknepper7
Corporal

Return to Admissions/Transfer