Appeals 30 days? Really?!

This forum is designed to discuss Student Services offered at Ivy Tech Community College.
Links:Business/Bursar's Office | Career Services | Disability Support Services | Library | Registrar's Office

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

Appeals 30 days? Really?!

Postby DAYDREAMING » April 23rd, 2012, 10:54 am

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if you file an appeal does it really take 30 days or is it less? And if they approve your appeal are you than placed on probabtion?
DAYDREAMING
Private

Region: northwest

Re: Appeals 30 days? Really?!

Postby SnD1922 » April 23rd, 2012, 10:34 pm

I am wondering the same thing. I turned in my appeal last Wednesday and the lady told me it takes 30 days, but I am hoping it takes less. I think they wait until the spring semester is over and grades are posted so that they can review each student to see if they are in good standing or not.
SnD1922
Captain

Region: Indiana

Postby DAYDREAMING » April 26th, 2012, 10:42 am

Hey I turned my in too aound that time so I will update you when I get my approved.
DAYDREAMING
Private

Postby SnD1922 » May 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Just curious, I got all A's in my classes this semester (Spring 2012). Will this have any kind of an impact on my SAP appeal decision for Maximum Time Frame?
SnD1922
Captain

Postby harrison » May 7th, 2012, 6:51 pm

[quote="SnD1922"]Just curious, I got all A's in my classes this semester (Spring 2012). Will this have any kind of an impact on my SAP appeal decision for Maximum Time Frame?[/quote]

I think MTF does not take as long as the other appeals. A's wont matter. If they approve it they will give you so much financial aid and give you a list of classes that you can take. You wont be able to get aid if you take any others. They may only give you enough financial aid for some classes but not all, so be prepared. I think every semester it will show you as Terminated Maximum Time Frame and you should call them when grades have been posted at the end so they can update it. My friend has to do this.
harrison
Colonel

Region: indiana

Postby DAYDREAMING » May 14th, 2012, 10:15 am

Update so I filed my Appeal on April 26 and I checked my CC and it says " Received, Review Pending" as of May 08 so my appeal is still pending I dont think I will make it into the summer classes .. :? I filed it before May 1 as the appeal stated for priority processing but still no luck and I was going to set up a payment plan but after you pay the 25 dollar enrollment fee they will take the first payment off your Credit card on the 20 of May for close to 300 dollars that I do not have so I didnt bother ....I attended Ivy tech over 10 years ago I had to pay 854.24 to come back to school becuase I was young and dumb when I first began college and did'nt pass some classes now that I'm in my 30's and trying to get my life together its been a roller coaster ride getting into Ivy tech again I thought I could just pay what I owed and things would be lovely SO NOT THE CASE....so if this is your first time in college come do it and get it over with you DO NOT want to have to do this when your older like me .... :oops:
DAYDREAMING
Private

Postby farmer » May 14th, 2012, 11:45 am

DAYDREAMING wrote:Update so I filed my Appeal on April 26 and I checked my CC and it says " Received, Review Pending" as of May 08 so my appeal is still pending I dont think I will make it into the summer classes .. :? I filed it before May 1 as the appeal stated for priority processing but still no luck and I was going to set up a payment plan but after you pay the 25 dollar enrollment fee they will take the first payment off your Credit card on the 20 of May for close to 300 dollars that I do not have so I didnt bother ....I attended Ivy tech over 10 years ago I had to pay 854.24 to come back to school becuase I was young and dumb when I first began college and did'nt pass some classes now that I'm in my 30's and trying to get my life together its been a roller coaster ride getting into Ivy tech again I thought I could just pay what I owed and things would be lovely SO NOT THE CASE....so if this is your first time in college come do it and get it over with you DO NOT want to have to do this when your older like me .... :oops:

I think they will have an answer before too long. They want the financial aid money. If you let the business office know that you have an appeal pending they will grant you more time and you wont have to set up a payment plan. Try it before giving up.
farmer
General

Postby DAYDREAMING » May 14th, 2012, 1:29 pm

farmer wrote:
DAYDREAMING wrote:Update so I filed my Appeal on April 26 and I checked my CC and it says " Received, Review Pending" as of May 08 so my appeal is still pending I dont think I will make it into the summer classes .. :? I filed it before May 1 as the appeal stated for priority processing but still no luck and I was going to set up a payment plan but after you pay the 25 dollar enrollment fee they will take the first payment off your Credit card on the 20 of May for close to 300 dollars that I do not have so I didnt bother ....I attended Ivy tech over 10 years ago I had to pay 854.24 to come back to school becuase I was young and dumb when I first began college and did'nt pass some classes now that I'm in my 30's and trying to get my life together its been a roller coaster ride getting into Ivy tech again I thought I could just pay what I owed and things would be lovely SO NOT THE CASE....so if this is your first time in college come do it and get it over with you DO NOT want to have to do this when your older like me .... :oops:

I think they will have an answer before too long. They want the financial aid money. If you let the business office know that you have an appeal pending they will grant you more time and you wont have to set up a payment plan. Try it before giving up.

Thank you so much I will do just that.
DAYDREAMING
Private

Postby DAYDREAMING » May 18th, 2012, 11:23 am

Update so my appeal was APROVED today yeah!!!!
DAYDREAMING
Private

Postby farmer » May 18th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Yay!!!
farmer
General

Postby SnD1922 » May 18th, 2012, 9:23 pm

DAYDREAMING wrote:Update so my appeal was APROVED today yeah!!!!

Awesome! :D
SnD1922
Captain

Postby Heatherq » May 25th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Where on CC can you check the status of your FA appeal? Thanks
Heatherq
Private

Region: 13

Postby whatalife » May 25th, 2012, 6:24 pm

Go to Campus Connect and under the Financial Aid Links click more options and click step 5 to see your academic progress and whether your appeal is pending, approved or denied.
whatalife
General

Region: indy

Postby Heatherq » May 30th, 2012, 1:54 am

I checked and it still says, termination GPA, last term reviewed summer, but it's only been two weeks.
Heatherq
Private

Postby DAYDREAMING » May 30th, 2012, 1:16 pm

did you look under student requirements? Does it say appel review recieved and pending ?
DAYDREAMING
Private

Postby Heatherq » May 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Under student Requirements, it doesn't say anything about it, and under academic progress it doesn't either. In the FA office, they told me it might be awhile, because they had to do summer appeals first.
Heatherq
Private

Postby harrison » May 30th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Heatherq wrote:I checked and it still says, termination GPA, last term reviewed summer, but it's only been two weeks.

Once they start working at it they will post something under Step 5 and it may say review pending, received or something similar. Once you see that give it 30 days.
harrison
Colonel

Postby DAYDREAMING » May 30th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Yea They will get it done before class starts in Aug because I was worried also and they did mine very close to the deadline for payments date ..I hated waiting also its a pain
DAYDREAMING
Private

Postby SoAngelic » June 6th, 2012, 4:16 pm

I did my appeal forms through my academic adviser last week on the 30th or 31st and I have been looking for answers to this exact question.
Some say it gets approved in 2 weeks others have said 30 and from my findings that is about equal in the count of people
who've said that they get them in either time frame.
I just spoke to my adviser and she said that financial aid seemed busy this week. STILL I'm crossing my fingers in high hopes it gets approved wayyy before hand because last minute situations make me a little nervous. :) 8)
SoAngelic
Private

Return to Student Services