Federal Pell Grant Confusion

Moderator: mhygema

Federal Pell Grant Confusion

Postby GCollins » September 6th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Hello, I am a little confused with the balance of my account. I see where my Obannon Grant paid for some of my bills, but I'm not sure if my Federal Pell Grant was used yet. For my balance, it shows I still owe money, but in total balance, I see I will get money back. I also checked the e-bill and is shows I will also get money back. Why does it say I owe money in my balance, then? I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong or not, but I don't want to be charged, when I have a pell grant to pay for it. Also, I made sure I allowed Financial Aid to pay for everything a few months ago. Does it take longer for the Federal Pell Grant to process?
GCollins
Private

Region: Eastern

Re: Federal Pell Grant Confusion

Postby whatalife » September 7th, 2011, 1:12 am

GCollins wrote:Hello, I am a little confused with the balance of my account. I see where my Obannon Grant paid for some of my bills, but I'm not sure if my Federal Pell Grant was used yet. For my balance, it shows I still owe money, but in total balance, I see I will get money back. I also checked the e-bill and is shows I will also get money back. Why does it say I owe money in my balance, then? I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong or not, but I don't want to be charged, when I have a pell grant to pay for it. Also, I made sure I allowed Financial Aid to pay for everything a few months ago. Does it take longer for the Federal Pell Grant to process?

Mine is like this too. They paid the Frank to your account, but not the pell yet, but they have the balance taken out of your pell and so the estimated financial aid with the negative sign is your refund. Go to view current activity or view transactions by term to see your account better.
whatalife
General

Region: indy

Re: Federal Pell Grant Confusion

Postby GCollins » September 7th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Oh, okay thank you. :)
GCollins
Private

Region: Eastern

Return to Grants