STAR program

This forum is for questions and concerns that don't fit anywhere else.
General campus announcements such as weather closings and system outages will be posted here.
Links:Ivy Tech Main Page| Ivy Tech FAQ

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

STAR program

Postby momyshaver » June 24th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Could ANYONE here explain the STAR program to me? Apparently, (from the little I have been able to find out) it is a new mandatory program for anyone who has had to appeal and had their appeal approved. I am so confused. 12 years ago I dropped out and when I returned to school I worked diligently to bring my GPA up. It has taken a long time but I have earned straight A's and still had to file appeals and jump through hoops due to dropping out back then. So now...this STAR program. I got an orange slip in the mail stating that if my appeal was approved (it was) that I had to attend a mandatory meeting in August or my FA would be terminated. There was no time set yet for this 'mandatory' meeting, only the date of August 15th. I am so mad right now because I don't know any details. The Lamkin center is closed today, no one in FA knew anything, and my advisor wasn't in...and I couldn't turn up anything on the search boards here or via Google. I am just like...what next??? :?
momyshaver
Private

Region: Southwest

Re: STAR program

Postby whatalife » June 24th, 2011, 4:06 pm

I would ask the registrars/records office. I know when financial aid put me on probation after my first semester, the registrars office also put me on probation. If financial aid did not know anything, it may have something to do with that office. Just a guess though,but it would be worth a shot to call them.
whatalife
General

Region: indy

Postby momyshaver » June 24th, 2011, 4:09 pm

I will try that office but the slip of paper I was sent specifically stated it was sponsored by the Lamkin Student Success center and was signed by the FA office and some person from the SS center. I guess the reason I am so steamed is that typically, one hand hasn't known what the other was doing. It is so frustrating when I am trying my best to stay on top of things like this to have loose ends! :evil:

edited to add: no one answered...I am so tired of playing phone tag with various personell at Ivy Tech. I work SO DANG HARD and this is just nuts ...all the hoops and what not. I wish another college offered the program I was seeking because I would so be there at this point.
momyshaver
Private

Postby whatalife » June 24th, 2011, 4:14 pm

momyshaver wrote:I will try that office but the slip of paper I was sent specifically stated it was sponsored by the Lamkin Student Success center and was signed by the FA office and some person from the SS center. I guess the reason I am so steamed is that typically, one hand hasn't known what the other was doing. It is so frustrating when I am trying my best to stay on top of things like this to have loose ends! :evil:

The student success center is part of the admissions office. They may have a say in it, and the financial office has to sign off on it too maybe. They do not communicate well between offices. Good luck!
whatalife
General

Region: indy

Postby momyshaver » June 24th, 2011, 4:29 pm

just ...left a message with admissions. No dice there either. I guess it will just be a long weekend :lol:
momyshaver
Private

Return to General