Residency requirements for Federal and State Aid?

This forum is designed to discuss Admissions/Transfer processes at Ivy Tech Community College.
Links:Online Admissions Application

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

Residency requirements for Federal and State Aid?

Postby sunshine76 » May 8th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Is there a difference between residency requirements for State and Federal Aid at IVY?

Does Indiana have a State Aid program?
Last edited by sunshine76 on March 16th, 2011, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 5
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Postby bpuls » May 12th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Ivy Tech Community College use state required residency as all public schools as well as Federal requirements.

The state of Indiana has a residency requirement, therefore if the student and/or parent does not meet Indiana’s requirement the student will not be eligible for state aid. State aid: OBannon grant, Indiana Nursing Scholarship, 21st Century Scholars and Hoosier Scholars.

In addition:

Federal aid requires citizenship, certificate of Naturalization or eligible non-citizen status to receive: Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work Study Program, Academic Competitive Grant (ACG) and the Federal Stafford Loan Program.
Posts: 457
Joined: December 11th, 2008, 9:51 am

Return to Admissions/Transfer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests