Acceptance letter

This forum is for discussion related to the Nursing Programs at Ivy Tech
Links:Nursing Info by Campus | General Nursing Info

Moderator: mhygema

Acceptance letter

Postby kym » May 21st, 2009, 8:15 pm

Has anyone received an acceptance/denial letter from Columbus for nursing program?
kym
Private

Postby slannert » May 23rd, 2009, 1:16 am

Well, I am not at the Columbus campus but nope, I have not recieved one yet whether it be acceptance or denial and I am growing EXTREMELY impatient!!! Hopefully it will come soon! :D
slannert
Corporal

Postby xyra » May 26th, 2009, 7:37 pm

I applied at the Fort Wayne campus and it stated letters would be mailed June 30th for us, so I know we won't find out here until the first week of July. Not sure when everyone else's letters will be mailed. I am getting anxious as well. This past semester has been pretty stressful. I'm crossing my fingers we get letters early. Good luck everyone!:)
xyra
Sergeant

Postby slannert » May 26th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Oh my goodness! I hope we don't have to wait until July to find out! I will be going absolutely crazy by then... lol. I'm at the Muncie campus.
slannert
Corporal

Postby Karen » May 27th, 2009, 3:27 pm

Xyra, I applied to Fort Wayne also. Where did you see that the letters would be mailed June 30th? I thought it was May 30th. I am so stressed about getting in too!!!!!
Karen
Private

Postby xyra » May 29th, 2009, 11:22 am

Oops! Sorry guys, yes, I meant letters would be mailed on May 30th for the Fort Wayne campus so we probably won't find out until the first week of June. Sorry about that. I also applied for the LPN program as well so that's why I got that mixed up. I'm extremely unhappy in my current job, so I figure if I don't get in for RN and do for LPN, I can get out there faster, gain some experience, then go for the Transitional LPN to RN program.

There is so much pressure getting into these nursing programs! lol
xyra
Sergeant

Postby sodetermined » May 30th, 2009, 2:06 am

Good luck to you all waiting for your letters. I cant wait untill I can apply to the ASN program. I am going to apply to the LPN program also.
sodetermined
Private

Columbus letters

Postby kym » June 9th, 2009, 8:11 am

Someone called the Columbus nursing office and they said that letters would be going out Wednesday or Friday.... hang in there.... still waiting! :cry:
kym
Private

Postby xyra » June 9th, 2009, 10:24 am

I got my letter yesterday for Fort Wayne. I didn't get accepted for RN. Even though I had a B in Anatomy I guess it really is true, you do need all A's to get in. Hope everyone else has better luck than me.
xyra
Sergeant

Postby slannert » June 10th, 2009, 4:29 am

I'm sorry xyra! :( I'm at the Muncie campus and I didn't get into the RN program either. Did you apply for the LPN program as well? I did just as a "just in case" type scenario and I'm glad I did. Those letters get mailed out the 15th for us so I'm waiting around for that now. If something happens and I don't get into that one either, obviously I will be extremely crushed, but I guess I'll be taking Anatomy 102 over to raise my B to an A and reapply for the next RN admission. I just hate that they only take RN applicants once a year at the Muncie campus!
slannert
Corporal

Postby xyra » June 10th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Thanks slannert, and yes I applied for LPN as well and still didn't get in. I contacted the nursing director at Fort Wayne and they ended up doing letters for RN and LPN at the same time. I really had no idea it would be this competitve. I had two A's in English and Psychology. I did have A's in APHY 101 and 102 before the final exam, but my grades were dropped to B's after the exams. I'm retaking 101 right now, but I won't have time to retake 102 since Spring's application deadline is in September. I figure if I retake the TEAS and get at least a 95 or higher and get an A in 101, then it should hopefully help my B in 102.

I guess the good thing about all this is if I get accepted in the Spring, I'll have all of the required general classes completed by then. You have to look at the positives, right?

And I have heard that getting into the RN program in the Spring is less competitive. Anyone know if that really is true? It still seems as though it will be equally competitive.
xyra
Sergeant

Columbus Nursing program letters

Postby kym » June 15th, 2009, 3:17 pm

Supposedly, the nursing program letters for Columbus are FINALLY going out today! Good luck to everyone waiting for their "acceptance" letter. :lol:
kym
Private

anxiously awaiting the letter

Postby ashields1 » June 15th, 2009, 8:54 pm

I can hardly stand the wait a minute longer! I am so nervous and excited at the same time! I have never wanted anything as much nor have I ever worked as hard as this! Good Luck to you all! 8)
ashields1
Private

waiting for letter

Postby kym » June 15th, 2009, 10:46 pm

ashields1 - what was your score with TEAS and classes? I'm also waiting with anticipation... stalking the postman... :)
kym
Private

Postby ashields1 » June 16th, 2009, 7:47 am

I have all A's but I only scored around an 80 on the tease. I realy wished I had scored better but I realy struggled with the science section and just a little with the math! My plan is to retake the test and reaply again if I dont get accepted this time. I hope that you receive good news! :) :D
ashields1
Private

letters for the lpn program

Postby ashields1 » June 16th, 2009, 7:50 am

Does anyone remember when the letters for the Lpn program are due to be sent out?
ashields1
Private

Letters

Postby kym » June 16th, 2009, 11:38 am

You should get in with 200 points... My friend got her mail already though and no letter today! UGH! I'm still waiting to pounce on my mailman... LOL! I got 205, but also had a rough time with some of the Science, especially Chemistry.

I'm not sure when the LPN letters go out. I'll see if I can find out and let you know. :)
kym
Private

Received my acceptance letter!

Postby kym » June 17th, 2009, 6:05 pm

I received my letter of acceptance from Columbus today!! Yeah! Now the work/fun begins.... :D
kym
Private

Postby ashields1 » June 17th, 2009, 8:38 pm

I recieved my letter too! I was chosen as an alternate so im not quite there yet but one step closer! I've got my fingers crossed! :D
ashields1
Private

acceptance letter

Postby kym » June 18th, 2009, 9:22 am

Congrats! I hope you get the bump up to the RN. You have a great chance, since a lot of people won't come to the orientation meeting. :wink:
kym
Private

Next

Return to Nursing Programs