ASTR 101 Solar System Astronomy

This forum is to discuss and ask questions from your fellow students about specific Ivy Tech classes and instructors.
Links:Course search| Course Outlines | Curriculum for each program/degree

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

ASTR 101 Solar System Astronomy

Postby 82fb » July 29th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Is ASTR 101 Solar System Astronomy a pretty easy class? And what are the assignments like? If the course load isn't too heavy I might add a 5th class to my schedule for the Spring.

And is it the easiest Science class I could take? For my degree I have a choice of ASTR 101, SCIN 111, BIO 101, or CHEM 101. I tried to enroll in ASTR last fall and spring but it filled up too quickly both times and then it wasn't available in the summer, so in the summer I tried to take SCIN 111 to just hurry up and get my Science credit done but it turned out to be a Physics class which I didn't understand too well so I withdrew. I think they should change the Course number from SCIN 111 to PHYS 111 or something, it's misleading. So I guess ASTR is probably the easiest? I probably shouldn't take BIO because that kind of stuff grosses me out and I think CHEM might be too hard because I'm not too great at math and equations which is why I didn't do well with Physics either.
82fb
Major

Postby Lexa652 » July 30th, 2010, 8:45 am

I don't know how much difference there would be in classes but my Fiance just graduated from PNC and he has taken the Astronomy class and found it difficult and he loves things like that.
Lexa652
Lieutenant

Postby kjohnson382 » July 30th, 2010, 4:00 pm

i'm taking it this fall. i took bio chem and physics in high school and pretty much failed miserably at them all so i'm hoping that i do better in astronomy. i'll be watching because i really want to hear from someone who has taken the class. I have Naziripour from Columbus.
kjohnson382
Lieutenant

Return to Classes and Instructors