disappearing pell grant?

This forum is designed to discuss financial aid processes at Ivy Tech Community College.
Links:Financial Aid FAQ | FAFSA Application | Ivy Tech Debit Card | Direct Lending Info

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

disappearing pell grant?

Postby kia_p » December 16th, 2009, 9:48 pm

I was just looking at my student account, and noticed my pell grant has disappeared from my pending financial aid.

anyone else having this issue?

hmmm.
kia_p
Private

Postby zcullum » December 19th, 2009, 3:03 am

There are a lot of reasons that could have happened. I would contact your financial aid office to see what happened to it. I know that the default setting is if a student is not enrolled, the system will put the max pell out until the student is enrolled. Your FA advisor may have changed it. There also could be something wrong, so it is best to check with them.
zcullum
Corporal

Postby tking88 » December 19th, 2009, 10:48 pm

I agree with zcullum. Mine disappeared just before classes started this past semester. I contacted the FA office to see what was going on & it was a mistake. It was immediately put back on when the error was realized.
tking88
Captain

Postby cookmart » March 11th, 2010, 2:11 pm

The qualifications for the Pell Grant are always changing year to year, and it is important that you contact ivytech's financial aid department if there is some kind of discrepancy. In all likelihood your aid is still there, but you need to investigate it further just to make sure.
cookmart
Private

Return to Financial Aid