IVYT 101

This forum is to discuss and ask questions from your fellow students about specific Ivy Tech classes and instructors.
Links:Course search| Course Outlines | Curriculum for each program/degree

Moderator: mhygema

Forum rules
Be respectful of others
Do not initiate or participate in personal attacks
Do not use profanity
Do not post items for sale (including textbooks)
Do not post solicitations for businesses
Do not post spam
The moderator has the right to remove any posts or comments that do not follow these guidelines or that provide inaccurate information.
Thank you!

IVYT 101

Postby weesa » March 8th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Does anyone know if you have to retake your IVYT 101 class if you fail it?
weesa
Private

Postby Unmedicated Insanity » March 8th, 2011, 7:51 pm

You may have to since it is a required class for all students of Ivy Tech.
Unmedicated Insanity
General

Re: IVYT 101

Postby micki » March 8th, 2011, 8:05 pm

weesa wrote:Does anyone know if you have to retake your IVYT 101 class if you fail it?

Yes you do. Just like UInsanity wrote, it is a required class that you have to pass.
micki
General

Region: Indiana

Postby weesa » March 8th, 2011, 11:56 pm

ok then can I turn in the same assignments? Atleast the ones that I had good grades on?
weesa
Private

Postby Unmedicated Insanity » March 9th, 2011, 12:30 am

I am not sure if you can do that. You aren't allowed to duplicate work across different courses, so I don't know if you can for the same class.
Unmedicated Insanity
General

Postby bwilson95 » March 9th, 2011, 8:30 am

What exactly is this class? I see it requires student to keep journals. So is it a study skills/time management class?
bwilson95
General

Postby micki » March 9th, 2011, 8:43 am

weesa wrote:ok then can I turn in the same assignments? Atleast the ones that I had good grades on?

They may not have the same assignments even if you get the same instructors. They can change assisgnments, semester to semester.
micki
General

Postby micki » March 9th, 2011, 8:46 am

bwilson95 wrote:What exactly is this class? I see it requires student to keep journals. So is it a study skills/time management class?

There are different Ivy classes, and they all require different things and have different material. It is all up to the instructors what you do.
micki
General

Postby Unmedicated Insanity » March 9th, 2011, 12:38 pm

If the instructor uses safeassign for your assignments then he or she will know if you used another paper because it will come up in their database and complete plagiarism.
Unmedicated Insanity
General

Postby micki » March 9th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Unmedicated Insanity wrote:If the instructor uses safeassign for your assignments then he or she will know if you used another paper because it will come up in their database and complete plagiarism.

Good Point! I know at the Terre Haute campus, most of the Ivy instructors are also English instructors and they are very diligent about plagiarism.
micki
General

Postby Unmedicated Insanity » March 9th, 2011, 3:25 pm

micki wrote:
Unmedicated Insanity wrote:If the instructor uses safeassign for your assignments then he or she will know if you used another paper because it will come up in their database and complete plagiarism.

Good Point! I know at the Terre Haute campus, most of the Ivy instructors are also English instructors and they are very diligent about plagiarism.

Yes indeed. Plagiarism is something everyone needs to be careful of. After all, this is school. We are here to learn, and we should do everything in our power to write originally and with care and thought.
Unmedicated Insanity
General

Return to Classes and Instructors